Sunday, July 22, 2012

Quick Update: New Additions!

Hello to my regular readers, and welcome to new readers who have found this blog through the SCIRE PTSD Research page on Facebook!

I know I owe you the second half of the story I began in the last post, and it is on its way, but in the meantime, I wanted to point out the new tab at the top of this page: PTSD/PTSR Resources.

I'm starting a collection there of all the resources that are helping me on this journey, and I encourage you to suggest any books, workshops, or therapies that you know of or have used yourselves in your own struggle with trauma.

Thank you for your patience-- I know I left you hanging last time and I'll resolve that little cliffhanger very soon.

The problem, I think, is that this therapy is working, and I am beginning to feel my feelings more strongly, which throws my PTSR and avoidance defenses into overdrive and kicks my depression up a few notches, which in turn makes it really difficult to continue doing the things that make the recovery work, like writing and thinking and feeling. 

So. I'm getting better, which is making everything worse. If that's not an apt summary of PTSR recovery, I don't know what is.

Hold tight, friends. I am pushing myself to keep going. It's always immediately better when I do. I will get that post up as soon as I can.



0 insightful comments:

Post a Comment